Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A sudden realization...

Well first off, I have to post my complete excitement, they just built a Plato's closet right across the street from our new house :) yeah. This motivates me because I like to buy "new" clothes.
Ok, my real post. I was with my sisters today at about 1pm and they started talking about how they needed an afternoon nap. I suddenly realized that I wasn't tired, and did not need a nap. I was thinking to the last time i felt I needed a nap (being a mom of 2 kids, one being only 2 months old I was sure It was recent) But I realized that since I took the wheat out of my diet, I added in almonds. Almonds throughout the day, my little on hand snack. I realized that since I has made that one little change, I had more energy than I could imagine. This has been helpful with unpacking. (which I think counts as a mild workout... since my workout space AKA living room is a mess)

I look at my beautiful boys and all the energy they have and I realize that I need to be healthy FOR THEM. To be able to keep up with them and truly be the best mom I can be. This is more motivating than most things I can think of. So, since I spent most of the first 2 weeks on this month working on my diet (hopefully I have lost a few pounds) I will spend the next two weeks starting my running regimen again.

Oh, and I have internet again... thank god

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. man, when Jade was 2 months old i was a WRECK!!! Glad to hear you're doing great! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete