Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Long ago...



Ok, so I woke up this morning and did the 30 day shred, trying to make early morning exercise a ritual for me. It was nice to get it done so early, and enjoy my endorphin rush before the kids got up. Then it got me to thinking about what I looked like before my birth baby. Now, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change having my babies for anything. But I would love to be back where I was almost 3 years ago.
After sitting down and thinking about what the differences between then and now are, I realized 2 things.
1- exercise was just something I did, everyday. I didn't dread it, I didn't need to think about it, I just did it.
2- I had a difference relationship with food. I eat healthy meals to support my active life, rather than being a slave to tasty treats and quick meals. I took time to prepare and enjoy my food, bringing flavor into my life through careful preparation.
So I think that will be my goal this week, is just really enjoying food because it is prepared healthy by ME.
I also thought I would include an old picture of me to motivate me even more.
This picture is of me 10 weeks pregnant with my first. (pink shirt) The other picture was my entry picture for this competition.

3 comments:

  1. You can do this girl! Life sometimes gets in the way but don't feel that you taking the time to be healthy in any way is going to take away from your family. If anything it'll add years to your life which in return adds years to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously... when we just do it.. because it's part of our life.. we succeed. My epiphany came after losing my first 25 lbs. I realized that I WAS FOREVER CHANGED!! That exercise was interwoven into my daily life and that I was NEVER going to go back to my unhealthy eating habits and I KNEW.. that the weight was going to come off. Change your life.. the rest will follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can call/test me when you are feeling down. You have always been a strong support for me. We can do this. Looking forward to our "GIRL VACATION"

    ReplyDelete