Friday, July 16, 2010

The right tools

So today I am scrubbing the bathroom and my son comes in:
"What you doing?"
me: "Cleaning the bath tub"
"What's that?"
me: "a grout brush and a scrubbing pad."
"Why?"
me: "it makes it easier to clean the bathroom if you have the right tools."

and then off he went. So I continued cleaning and then realized that having the right tools makes everything easier.
I was thinking about this weight loss competition, and my weight loss and health goals for the future. And I was thinking about the tools I am packing for this adventure.
1- knowledge: I know how to be healthy, and what I don't know I can learn more about
2- Desire: I have the desire to be healthy, and now I also have...
3- Motivation: I am competing for money, but I am also competing against people I know, I also have told everyone I know that I am competing so they are watching too
4- friends and family. Without their support I would not be as successful.

In fact, it was a friend and past doula mom that first inspired me. I saw her competing to win money while loosing weight. She looked amazing (you know who you are) and so I wanted to be her. I read Kari's story, and I wanted to be her, I could relate to wanting to be healthy for my boys and that changes everything. And then I did the craziest thing and asked my best friend to compete with me. This is motivating because for the first time she knows EXACTLY what I weigh, and that is pretty scary. And of course, my husband, who tells me I am beautiful no matter what. But, has been very helpful in meal planning and making sure I find time to exercise (assuming time allows, since we are STILL unpacking)

So today, I have decided to fully use my tools, allow them to work with me in creating the life that I want and deserve.
Thanks to all the wonderful people in my life who help me.

2 comments:

  1. I like this! I have all the right tools as well. I just have to put them to use before they start collecting dust! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is all about the right tools! Pretty crazy stuff. I think the most important tool for me was reality.. I had to realize that all of those things in my life that I let get in my way were really just excuses! It was huge when I was able to embrace this and move forward! :)

    ReplyDelete