Saturday, January 1, 2011

start of the new competition

Well I wasn't going to do the competition this time, but in the end I decided too. I figured I was trying to keep up with Kari anyway, might as well earn some money at the same time.
Well, I have decided that I must have hit a plateau since I keep fluctuating the same 5 pounds and it is really annoying. so, it is time to shake things up a bit.
So, since it is the new year that is, of course, a lot of talk about resolutions and what not. I have decided that it is not a resolution that will get you anywhere, it is the game plan or secret weapons you use to reach that goal. I can set a goal to loose 100 pounds, but would never get there without a proper plan. So, I have spent some time thinking about what my secret weapons will be.
Secret Weapon Number 1: Veggies! I have decided that If I focus on what I can have, instead of what I can not or should not have then I will be happier. So, I am starting with veggies, all the veggies I want. I used to have little baggies of mixed veggies ready to go. They were nice for the quick fix when you suddenly realize how hungry you are and want to reach for something unhealthy. So, I will start this again.
Secret Weapon 2: Start with water. In the morning, and before each meal start with water. I have noticed that if I don't drink enough, I have a headache and I am irritable, plus I eat more. Most the time I am just thirsty not hungry at all.
Secret Weapon 3: I'd LOVE to say that I am totally cutting out sugar from my diet. But I am not there yet. So, baby steps. I am ordering Lisa's sugar free cook book, so excited. I am also limiting my treats to once a week. That may sound like a lot, but doing that will help me to cut back even more.

I am sure I will add more in there in time. But for now, what are your secret weapons??

No comments:

Post a Comment