So I know I promised a great post yesterday, but I got busy. I can't believe our first month is almost over, that went really quick. (at least for me)
As most of you know, from my posts this month, it has not been an easy month for me. I have had my ups and downs, my good days and my bad days. However, I realized this month how much will power I have. I learned that I can stick to something, even on the days I don't want to. I think too many people want things fast (I know I do) and so it can become frustrating when it takes longer than we want. As I sat thinking about the major lifestyle changes I have made this month BECAUSE I had to stick to it...I think this is what the competition is all about.
I didn't take a wonder pill, or some silly hormone, or some magic cleanse. I had to work hard at wanting to change. I had to work hard at making the changed stick. I had to keep going, even when I didn't want to.
I think instant gratification is something that can be our biggest obstacle. When we bust our ass that first week, and the scale doesn't move. Or we take all the sugar out of our diets, and actually go up on the scale. When we start doing things that, truthfully, can't really be a life change, and we wonder why it isn't working. I think that is why so many people choose the quick fix, because the results happen right away. (but they never last)
I have been training with probably one of the best trainers. He is so knowledgeable and honest. He put me on a meal plan and set up an exercise routine. I have been doing almost exactly what he wants (not perfectly though... damned Ice cream sandwiches) He called me last night to check on how I was doing (how nice is that, right?) He asked how my nutrition was going, then asked how the exercise was going. I mentioned how much I was doing in cardio (any where from 30 minutes to an hour and half, depending on the day) and asked if that was enough. He told me that we are trying for a lifestyle change, so make sure it is doable. He mentioned that if I am doing 2 a days (cardio and weights) I need to keep it realistic. I love how his focus is to keep me on a path that I can maintain, even if my results take a few weeks. This is totally opposite from most trainers I have met. I am glad that I have one more person on my side, pushing me to succeed.
As my title suggest, I do feel like I am running uphill, but now I am focused on the goal at the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment