Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sometimes I try to be a rabbit, when IN actuality I MAY JUST BE THE TURTLE

Ok, so this week has been interesting. I have been following my eating plan pretty perfectly. I did not exercise as much as I normally would have, and part of that is because I am not sure what resistance training Jack wants me to do. But I did get my cardio in and 3 days of weights. I was very motivated, and excited, then I hopped on the scale. I think I was about to call up Jack and yell at him. I am down from the start of the comp, but up from where he weighed me last saturday. :(
But then I heard mindy's words very clearly... you may need to give your body two weeks to fully adjust to the change, and then it will respond. THANKS MINDY!!!
So then it got me thinking, some people in this competition will be Rabbits. They will start out strong, leaving the rest of us in the dust. But then, the turtles will clear the dust cloud and make a sprint for the finish line
I know I will be competing with many rabbits and many more turtles in this competition.
But we are all competing in this competition and I guess that makes us better than those who just watch and wish.
I am no longer the girl who is sitting wishing she could be "lucky" enough to lose the weight.

1 comment:

  1. :) Congrats on sticking to it! :) Turtles are way cuter anyway!

    ReplyDelete