Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You know Your fat when....


You go out for a cup of Chai, innocently sit on a chair, and it BRAKES!!! Yup, this is what happened to me on Sunday. Talk about a hit to the self esteem, and as a TRULY HILARIOUS moment between friends.
WEll, if that wasn't motivation, and the scale not going in the direction I had hoped, I don't know what is.
Trying a better approach for the rest of the month, I WILL faithfully do a food journal. I think my intake is great, but this will truly show me if it is or not. Oh, and I am adding HIIT training back into my routine so let's see if I can finish the month out with a bang... and not the bang of a chair breaking.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my. Sorry that happened to you. I am sure it was no fault of yours! Just glad you are ok and didn't injure yourself. What is HIIT? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty funny, and I didn't get hurt. Maybe my ego just a bit :)
    HIIT training is High Intensity Interval Training. Basically you run/elliptical/bike for one minute at your highest heart rate and then calm it down for 90 secs at your low end hear rate. It works really well. When I did this a few years back I lost a ton of weight because it is such an intense interval training. I plan to do it 4-5 times this week and see what the difference on the scale is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so lets clarify, the chair was not broken because of your weight! Lets give you a little credit here! The chair had seen better days, it was made out of plastic that had been weather worn we were sitting on the brick pavers and the leg got stuck when you tried to move it and the angle that the leg was on and a little bit of pressure and DOWN SHE GOES! I am just so happy that you where not feeding the baby at the time and also glad Lance did not fall on Ethan when he was hanging on the exact same chair that broke! But it was a good laugh still! i wonder what will come of the next Lloyd/Madsen Sunday adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that picture is worth a thousand words FOR SURE! So glad to hear you weren't hurt and just so you know i'm laughing my bum off right now! EXCELLENT! How's the interval training going? i'm still doing the Layton Half. Wish you were doing it too. everyone i knew was doing it isn't doing it any longer. wish i had someone there to at least walk/run part of it with. Oh well.... looks like Edward Cullen and Bella Swan will be my companinons.
    later gater... happy adventures!

    ReplyDelete