Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wanting to throw the towel in, I HATE THE SCALE!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so I have been working hard this week on my diet, not so much on exercise because my baby has been sick. But I get on the scale and I am UP. WTH!!! Honestly. So, I contemplated soothing my anger with treats, but I didn't. I contemplated going to the gym for 5 hour straight... then I realized that I wouldn't last 5 hour, and I'd need to feed my baby, and that really wasn't going to fix anything.
So, instead I sat down I wrote this out
WHY I WANT TO SUCCEED:
1-I want to be at my pre-baby #1 weight to prove I can
2-Because I have a hard time accepting the “you just get heavier as you get older” thought
3-I want to be the hot mom that everyone one says WOW you have how many kids?
4-I remember a time when I could look in the mirror and love what I saw from head to toe
5-Because I want to run another half marathon and then a full marathon and it is harder to do with 20-30 extra pounds
6-Because I have always wanted to have sexy muscles and I know I can
7-Because I do not like being the fat sister
8-Because I have been trying so hard and if I don’t then everyone will see I failed
9-Because I want to be able to keep up with my boys as they get older
10-Because I WANT to be healthy.
11-THIS IS FOR ME, I WANT TO NOT WORRY ABOUT MY LOOKS ALL THE TIME.
and since you are all women reading this....
12- I know my husband doesn't care what I look like in bed, but I DO!

MY OBSTACLES:
1-sweets, if there is a sweet in the house, more than likely I will eat it
2-doubt. The 2 steps forward 1 step back. I have a great week and then the next week sucks and it is hard to stay motivated
3-because I have been going at this for 3 years now and even heavier than when I started and it is hard to keep going
4-because I haven’t found something that work continuously NOW. Running and eating right worked before kids, but it isn’t working so well now
5-being tired. I have 2 kids and one is a 8 month old who still doesn’t sleep through the night. We are happy if we get a 4 hour stretch. I am working on this, but it leaves a tired mommy.
6-Not keeping a food journal, NO accountability.

BATTLE STRATEGY!!!
(Can't have obstacles without a plan on how to beat them)
1- SWEETS
Plan: sweets are fine once a week if I really want them, and I will measure out a serving, no mindless muching
2-Doubt
Plan: I have a plan, I will stick with it and just know that as long as I eat well and exercise there is no need to deviate.
3- LONG Journey
Plan: Positive note around the house to keep my motivated. I have lost all my baby weight, and that is great (I have more notes too)
4- Nothing works continuously
Plan: Maybe it isn't working because I am not giving it a fair shot. I will pick a plan and stick to it for one month, minimum. Give my poor little body a chance to adjust, and also a chance to show results
5- Tired
Plan: Take it one day at a time, some days will be easier than others.
6- No food Journal
Plan: Food journal, and most importantly on the weekends.

So, there you have it. And yes, I plan to print this and put it up where I can see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment