Monday, October 18, 2010

the UPS and DOWNS

well, life has been crazy, trying to recover from illness and injury. But I am trying to keep up my healthy eating. well, i am good at making excuses, here is an example.
My eating is going well, but lately I have been increasing my chai teas. Not bad, but i used to only have one every once in a while, like once a month. Now I am almost daily. (lots of sugar, NO GOOD) Also, I decided to make lactation cookies again, trying to boost my milk supply. basically these are chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with brewers yeast. yeah, it is a great excuse to eat like 3 a day. So, I have gotten rid of the cookies, and promised myself no more chai til november.
two little things, that for me made a big difference. I am up on the scale, and that just really pisses me off.
So, I am going back to being healthier. I even told my husband I would just make my own granola bars (I have done this before) but add the brewers yeast and then VOILA!! Healthier lactation helper. (PS my granola bars only have a little honey, and tons of protein)

3 comments:

  1. You know, real chai tea is GOOD. Try getting chai tea bags, and add just a dash of half-and-half. Maybe one sugar substitute of your choice. It's really not so bad, I swear. And if you like 'em iced, make a big ol' pitcher with a bunch of tea bags and stick it in the fridge! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, that sounds yummy, maybe i will try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to make a change for the better. Its the little indulgences that I find add up to the most. Homemade goodies are the best way to control what goes into your body.

    ReplyDelete